How are you finding working remotely?
Have you felt guilty for not getting dressed up in the morning? Or found yourself overexplaining how productive you were during the week?
Working from home (WFH) guilt is a real thing.
Despite recent studies showing that remote employees work more hours and are more productive and efficient, they can’t help but to feel slightly shameful for doing it whilst in their pyjamas.
How to overcome the Remote Working Guilt:
- To start with, the environmental benefits of remote working are endless. Not commuting to work has led to less air pollution as well as a reduced amount of fuel usage which contributes to a greener environment.
- Maximise your time and set weekly goals. Even if you manage to finish a project earlier than expected, you can use the spare time to organise your calendar, check on your colleagues and clear your inbox. Try to avoid distractions such running errands or binge-watching Netflix.
- Being connected to your colleagues while working from home will make you feel part of a team – no matter where you are. Schedule virtual coffee and lunch breaks and encourage group chats.
- Organise a work from home set up. Start adding daily “rituals” that can put you in the right work mindset. Small things can really affect your day such as getting dressed as soon as you wake up, drinking coffee, having breakfast and setting a to-do list. After your job is finished, It is important to leave your working area and put a barrier between work and leisure.
- Don’t feel the pressure to work through your lunch breaks because you are at home. Try to take healthy breaks that feel different from your work such as going out for a walk, meditating, or preparing snacks.
Your working from home guilt is connected to people’s perceptions of what you are supposed to be doing.
You should focus your energy on your projects, communicating effectively with your manager and the rest of your team and producing quality work.
Have trust in yourself, after all, you were assigned with a remote work task because you can get the job done from home.
Get involved in the conversation!
How do you get over your remote working guilt? We’d love to hear from you. You can tweet us using @UModernGov
If you would like to discuss any of the details you have read in this blog, please contact us on 0800 542 9440 or email email@example.com
Contact our In-House Training team on InHouse@moderngov.com or call 0800 542 9414