Effectively and securely handling sensitive data is vital in the public sector. You are trusted to safeguard and protect service user’s data against breaches, as well as meet and excel in data privacy laws and regulations. There are different types of data security regulations at regional, national and global levels that you simply have to comply with, or face steep fines.
What does it mean to be compliant?
It means putting processes and policies in place that outline how data protection is achieved within your organisation in line with the laws that govern the areas you operate in.
At Understanding ModernGov, we pride ourselves on delivering high-quality and interactive training courses on a wide range of data protection topics; such as how to be an excellent DPO, complying with Data Subject Access Requests (SARs), carrying out data protection impact assessments, handling tricky FOI requests and managing records more effectively.
All of our courses are delivered by leading experts in information governance and GDPR: Lynn Wyeth, the head of information governance at Leicester City Council, who is a leading public sector information governance practitioner and Paul Gibbons, also known as FOI man, is an authority on anything to do with FOI and the author of the author of The Freedom of Information Officer’s Handbook.
The key objective with all of our data protection and GDPR courses is to help delegates excel and comply with regulation and to gain best practice.
Please see below just a handful of testimonials from our GDPR and information governance courses:
- "First rate course, tutor and venue. Personable and professional presentation. Clear, competent, comprehensive and confident instruction. Thank you so much." - Assistant Lawyer-Barrister, Chichester District Council
- "Excellent course and knowledgeable trainer. Great case studies and practical examples to consider and learn from" - Senior Information Management Officer, Hammersmith Fulham Council
- "Another great course by modern gov, provided lots of useful information supplied tips not previously known with a trainer holding expert knowledge that handled every question posed to them." - Technical Policy, Government Internal Audit Agency
- "This course was really interesting all day even though i know GDPR well. She has excellent handouts and presentations. Small enough attendance to be intimate. One of the best days training I’ve attended in a long time." - Information Governance Manager, Historic England
- "One of the best courses on any subject I've ever attended - invaluable in updating skills and knowledge, with exceptional slides" - Freedom of Information Officer, University of Bath
- "Well presented and thorough. I only wish I had attended this course earlier in my FOI career" - FOI Assessor, The National Archives
- "An interesting and enjoyable day that provided an insight into records, data and the management of these." - Business Development Officer, City of London Police
- "Enjoyable very informative day. loved the speakers getting involved, it brought things to life. Would recommend to all those records managers." - Head of Business Services, Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth
- "A brilliant course, my knowledge has greatly increased and I am now confident in processing SARs and the procedures I need to implement in my organisation." - HR Learning Administrator, The Passage (SAR)
Which training courses can I attend that are relevant for my job role? Please see all of our data related courses here.